HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***WE HAVE MOVED*** teamunclassified.com/forum ***WE HAVE MOVED***

Share | 

Home Theaters Systems? What you got.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

Rep : 1

Home Theaters Systems? What you got. Empty
PostSubject: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Just wanna see whose has what? I peiced together my own and designed the entire setup at the store.

Home:
Sight: Samsung 55" 1080p LCD TV
Sound: Bose V20 Lifestyle Home Theather System
Cabling: HDMI, copper for speakers
Gaming: Wii, PS3 (gave away Xbox 360)

The store:
Sight:High Performance PC.
Motherboard: ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 920 Quard Core
Memory: Kingston HyperX Dual Channel 2048MB 1066MHz (x2 or 4GB total)
Graphics Card: PNY Technologies - NVIDIA GeForce XLR8 GTX 465 1GB GDDR5
Power Supply: Aspire 600W DarkSide Alum Black PSU
2 monitors (generic)
2 Samsung 42" 720p LCD TV
Sound:Sony STR DA2400ES AV receiver using 4 Moderno Design 6-1/2" Round In-Ceiling Speaker
Cabling: HDMI, copper for speakers
Gaming: Angry Birds :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysticicegelato.com/
barnabas

barnabas

Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 am

60" SAMSUNG LCD TV
Sony 400w reciever with 4 sony speakers 2 with 12" subs 2 with 10" subs
sony 300cd changer that is barely used anymore...
Cabling: HDMI, Copper for speakers
Gaming: Xbox360, Wii, Kinect for xbox.

Got a 300w yamaha surround sound with the mini speakers sitting in its box waiting till i get in the new house to set it up lol
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 am

Is the TV on a stand or wall mounted.
Back to top Go down
barnabas

barnabas

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 am

ON A STAND
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 am

You should mount it at your new place :D
Back to top Go down
barnabas

barnabas

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:00 am

O it will be!!! I cant wait to set it all up at the new place Smile ALl wires will be run inside the wall and it will be a verrryyyyy clean setup Smile

Just cant do it at the apartment im in now :(
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:02 am

Yea, I wouldn't waste the time (or money) doing it in rented space. You buying, right?
Back to top Go down
barnabas

barnabas

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 am

Yup!!! Cant wait. I get married saturday, come back from honeymoon next sunday. then back to looking

The house we found that we liked the stupid listing agent never called our real estate agent to let her know another offer was submitted so we didnt get the chance to rebid :mad: soooo now we are back to square one. we just said screw it we are waiting till after the wedding since this all happened right at the beginning of the month.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:08 am

Yea, that happens more often then it should.
Back to top Go down
mrj

mrj

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 am

Living Room
------------
TV - 46'in Panasonic Plasma (internet enabled)
Receiver - 600W 5.1 Sony
Speakers 2x 200W Sony Floor Speakers, 150W Center Chan, 2x 150W Bookshelf + 300W Self-Powered Sub
Accessories: PS3/Zach's (zmunsterrr) N64

Bed Room
---------
42' Panasonic Plasma
Logitech Z 2.1 System

Home Theater PC (have to to use it has my reg PC after my performance PC's motherboard crashed)
----------------
Linux OS /w PS3MediaServer
3.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB of RAM
2TB Hard Drive + about 3 or more external drives at any given time

Stored at my parents house in their attic
------------------
700W 6.1 Yamaha Receiver
JBL 6.1 Sat. Speaker set /w 300 self-powered sub.
(way too much for my apt)
Back to top Go down
barnabas

barnabas

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:11 am

we were willing to pay full price on the house... just bid lower since it had been on the market for a year and we wanted to try to save some money... didnt work out in our favor. I figure God has another plan in mind for us
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:21 am

mrj wrote:
Living Room
------------
TV - 46'in Panasonic Plasma (internet enabled)
Receiver - 600W 5.1 Sony
Speakers 2x 200W Sony Floor Speakers, 150W Center Chan, 2x 150W Bookshelf + 300W Self-Powered Sub
Accessories: PS3/Zach's (zmunsterrr) N64

Bed Room
---------
42' Panasonic Plasma
Logitech Z 2.1 System

Home Theater PC (have to to use it has my reg PC after my performance PC's motherboard crashed)
----------------
Linux OS /w PS3MediaServer
3.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB of RAM
2TB Hard Drive + about 3 or more external drives at any given time

Stored at my parents house in their attic
------------------
700W 6.1 Yamaha Receiver
JBL 6.1 Sat. Speaker set /w 300 self-powered sub.
(way too much for my apt)

Haha another Linux user. What distro do you use. I use mostly RedHat distros (like CentOS) but I enjoy Ubuntu every once in a while. The laptop that runs my fuel tuning software is running CentOS 5.5
Back to top Go down
mrj

mrj

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:38 am

That dope what software do you use, I have on seen Mac and Windows tuning programs.

I use Ubuntu, which I hated until I figured out how to go back to the old interface. I use it just because it seems to work right out of the box with Dell computers (my HTPC and work laptop).

I used use Redhat and Fedora when I first got into Linux. When I build my new machine I'll prob use my HTPC as a server and switch to Archlinux.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Its called DSMLink. A special EPROM is wired into the ECU and has it's own OS (which is probably C)
Home Theaters Systems? What you got. Noneprom-done

The chip is designed to look for instructions from the ODB port. When it senses a connection from the ODB it communicates with a flash based interface on your PC that lets you peak into the ECU as it's running. All whatever process that the ECU sees, you can see. And if you wire in your own sensore to the harness you can and tell it how to translate the voltage into certain units then you can pretty much install monitor anything you want. For example. I have the EGR blocked off, so I have my AEM 3.5-bar sensor wired into the EGR temp pinout. So I can now accurately see exactly how much boost/vac is in the engine at any given moment. I have the AEM Wideband AEUGO wired into the 02 sensor pin and configure the ECU to read 5v (vs 1v) at this pin. At 80% throttle or less (which is read from another pin) it runs in open loop mode. Internally it translate the voltage as only either at 0.8v or 0.2v, a function in the software read the 5v value at at around 2.5v switches the 1v in the interface to read either from .8v to .2v or from .2v to .8v. This give the car an excellent cruise behavior. At 81% throttle you have an accurate 02 voltage (which can be translated to your A/F Ratio).

Here is an example of a regular narrowband 02 sensor log. See how the voltatge is very "scrambled." (white line) This is normal.
Home Theaters Systems? What you got. 1v10

Here is the 5v simulated. The line is now boxed and you can see the raw value of the WB in light blue (though this is a LC1 WB not my AEM, but it looks the same)
Home Theaters Systems? What you got. 5v10

And of course ALL of this is loggable and you can save that log and anyone with the software can view it (the software is actually free). So people who have expreince tuning can look at it, diagnose and give you advice how to stop the hiccup in your power curve. I picked up a GM IAT which is very accurate, so I when I get my car put back together I will be going to speed density. You can even change parameters anywhere from Fuel/Ignition timing to what temperature the fans kick. It also has cool features like anti-lag and launch control. This is one of the best (by best I mean it's ease of use compared to it's functionality) software on the market for the DSM. They need to start expanding to other platforms.

Last edited by laserspeeddemon on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mrj

mrj

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:18 am

That's dope, I gotta check it out one day.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:07 am

How far are you from F-burg. I see myself tuning my car in a month or so.
Back to top Go down
nyqueenz

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:30 pm

1x 42" Samsung Plasma HDTV
1x 40'' Samsung LED HDTV
1x 28" LCD (don't know the brand)
1x 19'' LED (that i have with me over seas right now)
1x Bose V35 lifestyle
1x Samsung 3.1 surround sound
2x Samsung P2570HD 25" Class Widescreen Touch of Color LCD Monitor
for my (2x GeForce GTX 580 dual SLI)
Cabling: HDMI,
Gaming: 4x Xbox360 (1x Kuwait xbox360), Wii, PS3, Sega Genesis, PSP, custom built Computer.

more to come later..
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Pictures of my setup with party mode enabled.

Home Theaters Systems? What you got. 6756497141_d28dfe274d_z

Home Theaters Systems? What you got. 6755950413_0858ba97ed_z
Back to top Go down
mrj

mrj

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:33 pm

^^^Now that's some awesome chit right there.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:03 pm

It's how I roll. Cool I got underglow for my HOUSE yo! lol

It just irks me about the things that are not complete.

1) Ceiling where it's white is where the original light used to be. I installed 6 recess lights, but the tool that helped me messed a lot of things up.
2) Basement flooded (twice) ran out of money from insurance to do the foot boards. Insurance said because I picked my own carpet company that they closed my claim. Even though my company (which used better padding/carpet) saved them over $1000 over the whole basement
3) Insurance company's construction crew was a bunch of hacks. They took off the wall panels for my 7.1 Surround Sound (I installed my own wiring behind the walls) to paint. They let one of the wires drop BACK behind the wall and didn't tell me. Then replaced the panel to cover it up. Since my Bose system is only 5.1 I didn't catch it for months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Theaters Systems? What you got.   Home Theaters Systems? What you got. Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Theaters Systems? What you got.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top