HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***WE HAVE MOVED*** teamunclassified.com/forum ***WE HAVE MOVED***

Share | 

I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

So should I get my paybacks?
YEAH! Those are your parts get them back.
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? Vote_lcap0%I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Nah, let the dude be.
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? Vote_lcap0%I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
LIGHT HIS FAMILY ON FIRE WHILE HE SLEEPS!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

Rep : 1

I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 pm

So lets make a long story short. Some dude blew the turbo in his laser. He was quoted $1000 to get it fixed.
Through some people he got a hold of me. I looked at it and he said he got a turbo already. So I told him $200.

He brings the car to my house and he gives me a used ebay turbo with fin damage. I told him it was junk and it was. So I found a friend that was selling a good, used upgrade turbo for $300. He complains that he is in a tight spot with money, so then I sourced a stock turbo in good condition and give it to him for free. Sure I could have sold it to him for some extra money, but I was in a nice mood and GAVE him a free turbo. He orders all the gaskets/seals/etc. and I get to work. I pull the turbo manifold off and flip it over and there is a HUGE crack in it. So I called him up and told him he can either a) order a new one $150, b) get a used one for some change that will break in "x" amount of time or c) I have one from the 95-99 model (his was a 90) that has been proven to hold more. It came off my old car AND it was already ported. I tell him $75. He says he wants my upgraded ported manifold.

I finish installing the turbo, take it for a test drive and all is well. Car makes boost fine, doesn't smoke, etc. I call him to come pick up the car. He shows up and he hands me $200. He tells me he just doesn't have the money. So I'm like it's cool just get it to me whenever. He never does. I found out that he got a new job and he's taken his lady friend out on dates, got his hood painted, etc. But every time I text him about money he tells me he's broke.

Well today he sends me an email asking me to help him with his car. He says he lost he's job and he ain't got no money. I already know where this is going. I tell him before I diagnose the car he needs to bring me the $75 he owes me. He's all like "oh yea, been meaning to get that to you." So we make an appointment for Saturday get my money and look at the car.

Now I know he is either gonna call me back and tell me that he has no money or show up on Saturday and say he has no money. So here is my plan. Since he hasn't paid me for the manifold, it technically still belongs to me. What I plan on doing is if he tells me he ain't got the money I was gonna tell him to bring the car to me anyone and then tell him to come back in 3-4 hours (after the car cools) so I can do some "work" on his car. While he's gone, pull off the manifold and call him and tell him to get his car. This will render the car undrivable, but I don't care, he's took advantage of my kindness and had the nerve to call me back to do it again.

But I fear that may be a bit harsh. So what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysticicegelato.com/
aa2033

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 pm

I don't really think it's that harsh.. the issue is that he knows where you live. I'd be really careful about pissing someone off like that. Especially to that extent. I know he took your money, but he may lose it and come back later..

Excuse my arrogance (I'm still learning all the terms), but by manifold, do you mean the turbo? Cause my recommendation would be to take your turbo back.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 pm

No its a separate part. I could take the Turbo back but am a man of my word. If I said its free, then it'd free. We agreed on $75 for the manifold that's all I want back. Either my money or my part.
Back to top Go down
aa2033

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:27 pm

laserspeeddemon wrote:
No its a separate part. I could take the Turbo back but am a man of my word. If I said its free, then it'd free. We agreed on $75 for the manifold that's all I want back. Either my money or my part.

Then yeah, i suppose take the manifold back, but again, he knows where you live Razz. I'm sure he has 75$ to spend, so he may just cough it up on the spot, especially if it renders his car useless Razz
Back to top Go down
munsterrr

munsterrr

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:35 pm

f*** him and f*** that. services rendered and products sold....he stole it from you. take it back
Back to top Go down
Scooner

Scooner

Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 pm

f*** that man. I'm sure munsterrr can agree, never mistake kindness for weakness
Back to top Go down
V-DC5

V-DC5

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:11 pm

^ words of wisdom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/svalencia
Mase!
Mase!

Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:52 am

oh my... in my opinion ( i am known to be too nice and give people the benefit of the doubt)...i say try and REASON. tell him what you just said about the money thing..him taking his girl out, painting his hood, etc. I wouldn't go as far as not making his car undrivable just because by law...you worked his car (even though you did not have written agreement, you had a verbal agreement of the work) you took his cracked one off the car and replaced it...I do get it is yours..and i dont know the exact time frame but there is a certain frame of time you have to obtain what was once yours. So tell him, $75 to look at the car..thats it..no if and or buts about it..then once he pays up you check it out..evaluate and charge accordingly..BEFORE YOU DO ANY WORK... make sure you COLLECT. if he doesnt have it..you dont do it. i think everyone should have ONE chance to fix their reputation from the past..if he blows it..thats on him..walk away. I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 364988687
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:05 pm

I called him several times. He first gave me excuses then he started to outright lie. Then he ignored my calls/email. I am seriously hurting for cash. My job is paying the house bills and the business bills. And still, at our current sales rate, we are going to be short for rent unless we have a HUGE weekend. The simple fact is if he won't pay me for it I need it back so I can find someone who will.

However I told him if he pays me the $75 I will diagnosis the car for free.
Back to top Go down
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Dang man, If you do get a chance take the manifold back and if he is dumb enough to go back and start something you know who it was. But hopefully everything comes out ok good luck!
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:51 am

I don't think he'd be that dumb, it'd make for a very bad day for him and he knows it.

I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 1
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 2
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 5
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 6
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 8
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 7
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 9
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 11
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 3
I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? 4
Back to top Go down
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:15 pm

luv Thats ah veeerrry Niceee!!!
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Dude rolled up today at handed my $80 cash. So we are moving past all this. But next time I do ANYTHING on his car, money comes upfront.
Back to top Go down
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:34 pm

bawse
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Haha
Back to top Go down
V-DC5

V-DC5

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:16 pm

sick piece, glad things worked out for his sake lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/svalencia
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 am

It's never been fired and I hope to keep it that way. It's a collects item. A custom paint/graphics sold by Para to commemorate our service with the 101st Airborne Division in Afghanistan during OEF 08-09. The package was valued at over $1700 by they only charged us $725 per kit.

On top of that they are already selling for around $2300+ on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?   I have the chance to get payback. What would you do? Empty

Back to top Go down

I have the chance to get payback. What would you do?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Miscellaneous :: General B.S.-
ChatBox
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com