HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***WE HAVE MOVED*** teamunclassified.com/forum ***WE HAVE MOVED***

Share | 

Wheel Spacers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aa2033

Rep : 0

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Ok, Not gonna lie, i have no idea what to look for in spacers. I've been looking at different types, but i'm not sure which size will give me the best look.

I plan on getting 19's and wider tires later on, but it won't be for a while. so i want a more aggressive look for my stock 18's. Now that i lowered the car, they look too recessed.

Should i space the front + rear? if so, which sizes go where?

What do you guys run? and do you have pictures of them?

What brands?

Thanks guys! and girls..
Back to top Go down
chiz

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:05 pm

These are what i got for my box. i got 10mm spacers..worked great, only got for rear, i was told that if you have front wheel drive, putting the spacers on is not a good idea, something about the weight on the lugs and axels etc....i took them off cause i got air ride and i wanted to tuck the wheels. only issue i had with them is i tightened them too much and it was a pain to get the bolts off because the lugs that come with them are shorter and a pain to get a ratchet or wrench on them with out striping the lug, i had to get them taken off by a high psi air gun.

http://www.fastscions.com/Ichiba-version-ii-15mm-bolt-on-wheel-spacers-scion-tc-tc2-xa-xb-xb2-xd.aspx

let me know if you have any questions.

chiz
Back to top Go down
aa2033

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:10 pm

chiz wrote:
These are what i got for my box. i got 10mm spacers..worked great, only got for rear, i was told that if you have front wheel drive, putting the spacers on is not a good idea, something about the weight on the lugs and axels etc....i took them off cause i got air ride and i wanted to tuck the wheels. only issue i had with them is i tightened them too much and it was a pain to get the bolts off because the lugs that come with them are shorter and a pain to get a ratchet or wrench on them with out striping the lug, i had to get them taken off by a high psi air gun.

http://www.fastscions.com/Ichiba-version-ii-15mm-bolt-on-wheel-spacers-scion-tc-tc2-xa-xb-xb2-xd.aspx

let me know if you have any questions.

chiz

does this concept of it being bad for front wheel drive cars apply for rear wheel? since my G is rear wheel.. should i be worried?

If this is going to affect something in the long run (i.e putting added stress) then i don't really want to do it, as this is my daily driver. I just really like the flush look.

Some of these spacers are ridiculous. 30MM? that seems way way too wide.. IMO. It just seems unsafe.
Back to top Go down
chiz

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:14 pm

I don't think it will be an issue for rear wheel drive, i just know people told me not to get them for FWD rides.

i googled "are wheel spacers safe for rear wheel drive cars" got this post and seems like people are having good luck with them.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tires-and-wheels/16949-wheel-spacers-are-they-safe/

I know its a tundra forum, but i would think a rwdrive car is the same across the board...just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wheel Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers   Wheel Spacers Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel Spacers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Community :: GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION-
ChatBox
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com