HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***WE HAVE MOVED*** teamunclassified.com/forum ***WE HAVE MOVED***

Share | 

Members and non members please read and advise!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Please choose what charity you would rather allocate the funds to:
Isabel's Charity
Members and non members please read and advise!!! Vote_lcap95%Members and non members please read and advise!!! Vote_rcap
 95% [ 20 ]
Other Cancer Charity
Members and non members please read and advise!!! Vote_lcap5%Members and non members please read and advise!!! Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Alex

Rep : 0

Members and non members please read and advise!!! Empty
PostSubject: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Ok, first off, sorry for being MIA. I've been dealing with a lot of things related to work, school and domestic which have taken priority over some of the club's events. So with that said, I want you guys to understand why I'm not always there. I still try to help out and give my input when needed.

Now, to the point of this post. As you guys know, we have the Halloween party coming up. The money that we make there will be used for the upcoming Cancer Drive early next year. This money will help or straight pay for everything needed (parking, port-0-pottys, and everything else needed to setup). Anything over was going to be put towards the cause/charity we would decide to allocate the funds to, i.e. American Cancer Society, Fight Breast Cancer, Lymphoma Research, etc. The Cancer Drive then will help fund the charity we choose on a bigger scale. My thoughts on this changed just a bit. As some of you know, our friend Aldo is going through some difficult times. His daughter Isabel (Isa) Santiesteban (https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003072227321) was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I brought to Paul's attention (which he had thought about it too) that we should allocate the funds to help her. It is not easy to have your 4 year old daughter in the hospital, and we all know it requires money to help her fight this battle. We as a club, can see these funds get put to a good cause and to someone we know. Aldo is not an Unclassified member, he was with us on NGC, but he is still a great friend. It is sad to know they are going through this hardship. It has really hit me because if you have seen Isa and you have seen my son, they look like they were siblings. I can imagine how devastating it would be if it was happening to me. Paul can also relate to this as he has Kaylani, same for Jay and everybody else that have kids.

I believe this would be the best way to use the funds we get and help one of our friends too.

Please add your vote whether you think we should allocate the funds to the Isa Charity or keep it to the Cancer Charity we end up choosing.

Best Regards,

Alex

**PS: This is not set in stone. This has not been brought up to Aldo, but we would like to take the initiative and offer the help beforehand.
Back to top Go down
JAYREMIX
Ugh, BAWSE
JAYREMIX

Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:38 pm

I agree, i rather see some of these funds go towards someone we know. There are some members who doesn't know him though so i would rather see everyone agreed upon this. As for me, i'm ok with it. We need to come up with additional fundraising to cover this up and what was already planned though. bring in some more ideas.
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:40 pm

ok alex, like i told you i was down for this. but i want to know, if we are talking about the money from the halloween party or the money from the cancer drive that will be going to Isa? becuz , the money from the halloween party will go towards making the cancer drive happen. without this fund there is no cancer drive.

and if we do donate the donations from the halloween party to aldo and his family. we will have to do another charity drive to help us make the cancer drive happen. i was thinking we could do a NYE party, which jojo and i have already talked about doing. just so you know alex, i am down for both 1/2 or all the donation money to help aldo and his family out.

but, i would like to talk to aldo and see where he stands and how everything is being handle as of right now. you know what i mean?? aldo is a great friend to me and a few of us in side unclassified. so im down to help...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolledbyp
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:41 pm

I am willing to go the extra mile to see this happen. This weekend we should be able to discuss it further in person, but everyone please, give us ur thoughts on this...
Back to top Go down
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Nothing will change, we still take the money for the drive out of the Halloween Party, but the drive we can make it the Isa Drive... Feel me? :D
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:47 pm

well i think we will collect a lot of money for the cancer drive in the spring....i really would like to talk to aldo to see how much help he needs. becuz like i said we can still throw a nye party at zen bistro to make up the funds that we would of have from the halloween party. and we could donate that money to him and his family. and if he still needs help in the spring we can still donate some or 1/2 of the donations from the cancer drive.

the cancer drive is far away, its not planned out till april of next year...
Back to top Go down
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Thank you! This is the type of input we need. Once everything is decided on our side, we can bring this to Aldo. Thanks Paul!
Back to top Go down
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:35 pm

i think it'd be awesome to be able to help Aldo out financially with the money raised. the willingness is there, and like you said, yall can talk about more detailed possibilities at the bbq. i think either we donate the halloween or nye money to aldo, or donate a large portion of the actual spring drive $ raised to his family, but also contribute to a cancer research org or charity

also, it'd be helpful to know how aldo thinks of his financial situation as well, although im sure medical bills and everything else involved in doing the best for isa can pile up easily.
Back to top Go down
http://vafoodhead.blogspot.com
WaH00000

WaH00000

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:44 pm

I have 3 kids of my own. And lost an uncle to the same disease years ago. My vote is to help Aldo.
It was devastating to me when I lost my uncle to this non forgiving disease.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/djdropz
WaH00000

WaH00000

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:45 pm

And yes if our Halloween party is smooth I am very sure we can do another party at Zen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/djdropz
Mase!
Mase!

Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:02 pm

:<3: i def think that putting the charities toward Isa is an awesome idea...i am 100% for this..showing our support toward this and seeing it help our friend..maybe puttling a little towards another oganization..Im so sorry to hear about Aldo's little girl :-/ i had no idea. but you got my vote towards Isa.
Back to top Go down
04sidriver

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:16 pm

I vote for Isa
Back to top Go down
sleepy_1785
Ugh, BAWSE
sleepy_1785

Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:53 pm

i lost my mother in may to cancer and i know how hard it is my checks were empty meds chemo werent cheap and she had no insurance/medicare my peoples threw a fundrasier for my mother to help out even tho it wasnt much every lil thing counts and help me out so im behind 100% to help your friend i couldnt imagine wat hes going throuh the kids is the future
Back to top Go down
Salvanicca

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 pm

I vote lets help out our good friend Cool
Back to top Go down
blegthbloo

blegthbloo

Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Voted for Isabel, better to have it go to someone you know (even though I don't know Aldo or his family) and are in need of it now so you can see the effect it has on them firsthand. Also, since it's personal I think it should bring in a lot more money than going to some charity that people will forget the name of after a few weeks. That said, if the Cancer Drive is a major success and Aldo's financial situation is in good order by the end of it, I have no problem with letting the rest of it going to an outside charity organization. Great idea, Alex!
Back to top Go down
cleancam

cleancam

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:18 am

I have a 2 year old and I couldn't imagen how hard it must be...I vote for isa
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:37 am

BUMP!!!...

guys the post above is for everyone members and NON members...we really need everyones input on this one.
Back to top Go down
adonisM3

adonisM3

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:04 pm

I was the only one who voted for Other Cancer Charity. I would like to change my vote for Isabel. Like Aldo have a 4 year daughter she is my life, I can't imagine how hard this must be. Please count me in just let me know where to send the money.

Peace!
Back to top Go down
Hannibal

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:23 pm

I would rather see the $$ go to someone that everyone knows than some random charity. I do not know Aldo but I do have a 3yr old daughter and words could not describe my feelings if I were in his situation.

It will be a financial help to them but probably more importantly a moral boost for the whole family knowing that there are people who care and are here to help.
Back to top Go down
V-DC5

V-DC5

Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:11 am

I lost my aunt who was like a mother to me to throat cancer (and she wasn't even a smoker), lost her over 9 years ago and my father has parkinson's disease...I would definitely love to help Aldo and his little girl because even the 1st time I met him, he acted like a genuine person with me and of course I'd like to return the favor of being a genuine friend to him...so my vote is with Isa, maybe later down the road we can also make a donation to another cancer organization but for now it's 1 step at a time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/svalencia
RPWIII

RPWIII

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 4:11 pm

I definitely feel it should go towards someone we know and needs the help more than anything! I do not personally know Aldo but I'm sure he's a great guy and look forward to meeting him. Definitely think we should help out the Unclassified families and friends in their times of need. I can't imagine what he is going through but it must be tough. We should do all we can to help. We can also do another charity event sometime down the road (sooner than later) that goes toward another organization, but at this point in time, I think everyone wants to help out one of our friends in need. I wish your family the best!

I'm not an official member nor do I know Aldo personally but that's how I feel about the situation.
Back to top Go down
Dumpd_Hybrid

Dumpd_Hybrid

Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 pm

thumbsup ^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members and non members please read and advise!!!   Members and non members please read and advise!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Members and non members please read and advise!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top