HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***WE HAVE MOVED*** teamunclassified.com/forum ***WE HAVE MOVED***

Share | 

For the weightlifters and others!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

Rep : 5

For the weightlifters and others! Empty
PostSubject: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Alright so i canceled my gym membership 3 months ago because ive been working construction to make some money. But I wanted tell everyone about this site called Bodybuilding.com this site has everything! Help for women and men. Its not just about bodybuilding. You can get support, new workouts, whats safe and whats wrong etc etc. They have the answer. Because what works for someone might not work for others. Find whats best for you. The products are cheap too! I use to go to vitamin shop but then i started buying from there site and id get discounts and sample products for free! But check them out i wish i knew about them when i first started lifting. If you dedicate yourself and push threw all the sweat and tears you will see sucess! Good luck, hopefully this helps someone!
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:27 pm

sweeeeeeet!!!

thank man...i will check it out tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolledbyp
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Liked lol^^ Yea i went for a couple years goofin off and what not from high school but i dedicated a good 6 months this past year and taking weight gainer I got to a good spot especially for my size. 5'6'' i went from 142 to 158. My benching was ready to pass 225 i did standing shoulder presses of 135. Leg pressed above 900. Moving my deadlift passed 285 not much but i had abused that workout. Hammer Curled 55lbs. ez bar curled 100lbs. But i wanted to dedicate my time to buying the mr2 so i ended up canceling but made good friends with the Golds Gym owner in warrenton so if wanna go back he'd hook me up. If you have any questions I may not look like anything but i know what needs to be done lol.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:17 pm

I've worked a few of their programs. I actually blew out my shoulder a long time ago (2008) and haven't been able to lift the bar without pain in my shoulder, but its the way it goes sometimes. If you want a mean workout that will boost your max strength by up to 20% let me know. I got one that will KILL you. It only runs 4 weeks and you have to be SUPER dedicated, but it will put some meat on your bones. On one day, you will spend up to 2.5 hours or more on the weights and I even have a supplement stack that goes with it.

This picture was taken on my 1st attempt at my new max (300 lbs), it was my second attempt about 10 minutes later that I blew out my shoulder..... still a pretty awesome picture!
For the weightlifters and others! 5832744785_26e4fe9e89_z
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysticicegelato.com/
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Lmao^^ Sometimes your best just isn't good enough!!!
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Lol...yep sometimes.
Back to top Go down
V-DC5

V-DC5

Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am

Imma check out tha link too, def could use some tips for workouts to shed these pounds -____- lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/svalencia
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Eating is 80 percent and thats the hardest part unfortunately... Ppl don't realize that besides those that are gifted, it takes hard work, heart, and dedication. But if you have the right tools/knowledge things are a lot easier and sucess is quicker. You have to WANT it like you NEED it, to see success.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:05 pm

I think more than diet is your supp stack. But I've known people who were big with taking a stack. But for me, it was the stack that put meet on my bones.
Back to top Go down
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Well it depends what your doing i'm not just talking about weight lifters. And this could aslo mean for the naturals but yea getting the right minerals is important. We lose alot after excercise or intensive work
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Your body goes into a catabolic state of the workout. This means your body scavenging interview for it's muscle tissues instead of fat. A good way to combat this is to consume a large amount of sugar after workouts and also fast digesting proteins like whey protein
Back to top Go down
Rolling Guy

Rolling Guy

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:24 am

and when you wake up
Back to top Go down
blegthbloo

blegthbloo

Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:19 am

my friend showed me this site awhile back, you can do some digging in there for some info... I haven't used it much because I don't go hardcore with my workouts, just a little maintenance work haha

http://www.exrx.net/
Back to top Go down
beefcake

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:05 pm

laserspeeddemon wrote:
I think more than diet is your supp stack. But I've known people who were big with taking a stack. But for me, it was the stack that put meet on my bones.

new here, just saw this. supps for the most part are a complete waste of $. just normal good eating will blow supps out of the water. only supps worth a thing are those that you inject.
Back to top Go down
Starbux

Starbux

Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm

^^^ true most the time you just piss the stuff out
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 am

beefcake wrote:
laserspeeddemon wrote:

new here, just saw this. supps for the most part are a complete waste of $. just normal good eating will blow supps out of the water. only supps worth a thing are those that you inject.

I would like a complete breakdown on why you think this is true. Not only will millions of doctors and health professionals, including body builders, disagree with you, but my own personal experience disagrees.

Do you have any idea how much meat you would have to eat in order to get 30g of fast digesting protein and 30g of slow digesting protein? And that was just my post workout intake. In addition to my usual intake of creatine, I took in 10-12g total of creatine in supplement (5-6g before and 5-6g post workout). I would have to eat 3 lbs of red meat before and after a workout. That's just not realistic.
Back to top Go down
beefcake

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:01 am

i know a number powerlifters n strongman trainers who are stronger than you or I could ever dream of becoming and at most all they take is a pre-workout like Jack3d or No-Xplode. no protein, no steroids, no supps. just good old fashion training and eating.

i've tried a number of supps and find them all other than a pre-workout (just to motivate meafter a long day of work) are a waste.

creatine, great lets put on a bunch of water weight and get all bloated.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:55 am

I do, too. My wife's best friend's husband's, and my teammate from HS football, just competed in his first competition. Not only is he a professional body builder, but he is ALSO a doctor. He placed second, but I would say he was on the tad small side. I think his shoulders was where he lost that point.

But I'm not talking about what "people you know" do or know. I'm talking about your own personal experience. See like you, I took a lot of supplements most of my life with little or no gain. Sometimes I would noticeably bigger in a few weeks, but then I would stop getting bigger and I would start to "plateau." So I researched it and learned about cycling creatine and other supplements. I learned that taking it straight none stop can actually slow you gains.

Most importantly I started to learn more about how stacks work and how taking stacks is vastly more effective than taking random supplements. Here was my stack when I was lifting.

Arginine opens up your blood vessels to help blood move to your muscles. This is important because your blood stream is how your body gets oxygen, nutrients (to repair and build the muscle) and your growth hormones that support the anabolic state. Also when taken in large doses Arginine encourages your body to produce more growth hormones, but the body produce it on it's own. It's not an external growth hormone that is introduced into the body, which often has side effects. Arginine is the key ingredient in NOXplode

Carnitine aids the body in transporting the fat in your body to the muscles in your body. More specifically to the mitochondria of your muscle cells. This is important because if your muscles don't have the fuel to burn, it'll break down muscle tissue and use it as fuel instead. This is called a "catabolic" state. That's when your body is using it's own muscles cells as fuel. Carnitine doesn't necessarily create an anabolic state, but it discourages catabolism, which is just as good. Carnitine also increases the number of testosterone receptors in your muscle cells. More receptors means your cells grab on to more testosterone. But there are two school of thoughts when it comes to this. The ultimate goal is to have more testosterone in your muscles. One is to increase recpetors, one is to increase testosterone. Some do both, I don't like the side effect that testosterone supplement have so I chose Carnitine instead. Think of it this way. You have a bucket (muscle cell) and you want to get the most balls (testosterone) in the bucket as possible. You can either have a large group of guys (receptors) and throw a million balls in the air and he can catch as many as he can by himself; OR you can put more guys (with Carnitine) on the field to catch a large group or balls.

Creatine I hate how there is SOOOO much misconception on the purpose of Creatine. Creatine does help increase volume of the muscle by pulling watering into the cell, but this is NOT it's main purpose. If anything, it's a beneficial side effect. Before I get into how Creatine works, you need to understand how your muscles "burst energy" works. Your muscles have Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) molecules stored in inside them. When you muscles need quick energy it breaks of a phosphate molecule to produce Adenosine diphosphate (ADP). In some cases, your muscles may break lose the second phosphate molecule. The process of breaking away these phosphate molecules produces a great amount of energy. Now when you have ADP your body doesn't have the "burst" energy. So in order to replenish your ATP, your body needs some method of moving a phosphate molecule back into the ADP to form ATP again. This is where Creatine comes in. Your liver naturally produces Creatine. Creatine is processed into phosphocreatine (PCr) by your body. PCr hangs around your muscles and when it notices an ATP has turned into an ADP, it attaches your a phosphate to the ADP and it's done it's work. It then gets processed again into PCr. Taking Creatine as a supplement ensures there are tons of Creatine molecules read to be turned into PCr. This whole system is known as the Phosphagen System. Without Creatine as a supplement you would run out of burst energy in mere seconds. Taking Creatine gives you an extended period of time of your body using the Phosphagen System maybe 10-12 seconds (vs 6-Cool. After this your body switches over to the Glycogen Lactic Acid System. And you start to lose steam. And the comment of "bloating" is just misinformation. The water that Creatine draws goes INSIDE the cells. This aids the muscles in both growth, but also keeping the cells hydrated as the the natural process of the cells to burn energy removes water. The "myth" is that the water retention is subcutaneous. This is absolutely not true.

I've got a lot more supplements (caffeine, L-Glutamine, multi-vitamins, Whey Protein, Casine Protein, ZMA and my favorite BETA-ECDYSTERONE) and the facts/myth surrounding them to go over, but it's 1AM, I'm tired and this should give some information to chew on for a bit. I wrote this all on my own, but I did have to do some fact checking. In short, you need to do your research before making claims like "creatine causes bloating" and "supps are a waste of money"
Back to top Go down
beefcake

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:53 am

i've personally seen the bloating effect of creatine. When i cycled it a few times I would gain a good 10-12 lbs in about 3 weeks and i'd lose alot of definition.
I also gave BCAA's a shot for a few months, nothing again.

that dude in the pic looks like he might be all of 165-170lbs
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 am

What pic?
Back to top Go down
Starbux

Starbux

Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:56 am

^^^ done and done Smile
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:00 am

Steak
Back to top Go down
beefcake

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:14 am

err well video i should say. i didn't watch it, just looked at the 1 frame that shows up there.
Back to top Go down
laserspeeddemon

laserspeeddemon

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:44 am

Ah, I don't remember he is weight at competition time, but he did lean up a month or so before using a 100% vegan diet with no salt. He got real cut (less than 10%) but he also lost mass.

He made second overall so that's not bad for his first competition.
Back to top Go down
project

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Im just starting to get back into it but i have been using bodybuilding for awhile for supplements. Plus they offer military discount. I no longer take anything though just the whey protein for recovery. Stuff costs way to much a month too actually take everything you need
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the weightlifters and others!   For the weightlifters and others! Empty

Back to top Go down

For the weightlifters and others!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Miscellaneous :: Locker Room-
ChatBox
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com