HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***WE HAVE MOVED*** teamunclassified.com/forum ***WE HAVE MOVED***

Share | 

do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

Rep : 18

do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* Empty
PostSubject: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:10 am

if you don't want to read a serious post, then feel free to click out of here now.

i've thought about this for many months and think that maybe some people can relate, so i'll write hoping that it provides insight.

for a long time, i felt i didn't deserve to be identified as any type of "member." but several people explained that i was a part of the club because of certain circumstances: i was there from the very start, i was close to many of the original members, and i continuously put forth effort into documenting/writing/establishing guidelines for the club along with everyone else who was involved. so that's why i positively consider myself a part of the Unclassified family.

i believe that everyone who helped to create this club from the very start, is a part of it. after all, we said from the beginning that it's family first, cars second, right?

i don't like to mention this, but i created this "temporary" forum for us to communicate until we get a better forum on a better platform. i believe that shows that some of us original supporters are part of the family in ways other than spitting knowledge about cars and modding rides. keeping the forum organized, helping with event logistics, hosting get-togethers, being personally connected to and supportive of the members (before there was even such a thing as "members"!), etc. can all be done, WAS done and MUST be done to edify the club.

i'm not sure if anyone feels this way, but i'll just put it out there because, like i said, originally even i didn't feel too comfortable being identified as a member so maybe others don't feel comfortable with it either (albeit for different reasons): if you get a superiority complex when you think about less knowledgeable members who had a large part in establishing the club/fam, then you need to reevaluate your own membership and your pride.

have i been in the car game for a long time? no, but i like to learn about cars and the culture that surrounds them. do i have a sick modified whip? no.

do i belong here? i believe so.

do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* Trollface_148275793

i don't expect to see a lot of replies in this thread, and that's OK. i just hope that those who need to read this eventually do. i hope everyone is smart enough to realize that i didn't post this to publicly justify why I'M so special. i posted it to explain the circumstances surrounding many of us original supporters who don't seem to fit the typical mold.
Back to top Go down
http://vafoodhead.blogspot.com
rockawhere

rockawhere

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:18 am

Just from what i have seen in the short time i have been here seems to me that you play a major part in this club, without the things you have done/do i would have not met this great group of people and for that I Thank You!
Back to top Go down
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:21 am

thanks!! to be honest, i haven't been active on the forums as of late due to finishing my last semester at uva. however, i still identify with the club and try to attend all of the events, meetings and impromptu hangouts. i'm talkin about driving 5 hours total almost every (lately only every other) weekend to be there and show love. while other people's stories may be slightly different, a lot of the people who helped to form the club did a lot to make things happen, even if they weren't necessarily car modifiers themselves.
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:22 am

well said babe...but just a FYI, everyone that was at the 1st two meetings are the starters of this club. with that being said...female or non active members. you all are our foundation of the club. without the 1st two meetings and the love and support of you all. this club/FAMILY would have NEVER made it this far.

so i wanna thank you baby....for all that you have done for this family...helping me write event post, being here when i think its too much on my back, always pushing me to get the club going. look at where we are now. with out you all on the forum, we would have never made unclassified as big as it is now.

thank you everyone!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolledbyp
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 am

huh? for my information, everyone at the first 2 meetings are starters of the club? i know this, dork! otherwise i wouldn't have written the post -___-
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:25 am

i love you toooooooo!!!! im going to sleep!!!! do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* 2245882553
Back to top Go down
rockawhere

rockawhere

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 am

p350gt wrote:
well said babe...but just a FYI, everyone that was at the 1st two meetings are the starters of this club. with that being said...female or non active members. you all are our foundation of the club. without the 1st two meetings and the love and support of you all. this club/FAMILY would have NEVER made it this far.

so i wanna thank you baby....for all that you have done for this family...helping me write event post, being here when i think its too much on my back, always pushing me to get the club going. look at where we are now. with out you all on the forum, we would have never made unclassified as big as it is now.

thank you everyone!!!!

do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* 3885497126 well said sir,

Trish, tho we have not met just from browsing the forums and talking with some of the members i can tell you play a huge roll in the club. seems to me that everyone has their stuff to add to the team... so you dont have a dope car. Doesnt mean you dont add anything! Keep ya head up!! lol
Back to top Go down
Starbux

Starbux

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:56 am

Of Course you belong here! You help with the following Smile

1. This forum
2. Keeping Paul entertained and sane
3. Organizing meets on here and FB
4. Keeps us happy Smile
just to name a few things... slightly... ok im tipsy lol

It shouldn't matter if the person is gone from the local area. You help as much as you can while you are here and while your gone. Sometimes people have to leave the local area for job/school/personal stuff... doesn't make you any less of a family!
Back to top Go down
Starbux

Starbux

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:58 am

And if its because you dont have a lower car or hooked up car like most of the crew. You have more stuff done to your car now : ) like you said we are family first then a car club. *if lowness was a requirement we all know all the trucks would be out... * (and scott with his 4x4 z wouldnt of got in :p )
Back to top Go down
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 am

Thanks, all.

Jay, you have been and still are a tremendously essential part of the club. Do not for a second think that you will ever be less than that. We completely understand the overwhelming demands of life, your plate is so full! So is tin's. But you guys make such an effort to drive so far to mtgs, events, and celebrations. Not to mention y'all literally provide a home to the club and show great hospitality. So don't despair. We love and appreciate you both. Nothing wouldve been possible without you guys and yall are just as relevant to the club as you were in the beginning. I hope you know that I wrote the post to show that we are all busy sometimes, we may not always be as active as we'd like to be, but we are still a family.
Back to top Go down
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 am

Wtf jay where did your long post go -_-;
Back to top Go down
Mase!
Mase!

Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 am

This couldn't have been put any Better Trish! And I for one believe in order to build a prosperous house you have to make sure you have a strong foundation..and continue to maintain that... And you my friend as well as a lot of others who aren't particularly the modding whores of the club make us who we are and every single person in our family is what makes us...

Like I have said plenty of times before, no one said this would be easy and I'm actually glad it's not because honestly if it was we wouldn't have obtained so much vital information about so many different things!

So for those who didn't really know how the O.Gs got to where they are as a part of this club...I hope it is a little more clear!
Back to top Go down
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:36 am

Also, let me make it clear that I'm not sad that i dont have a sick whip. I couldnt give two fcks simply because it has never been a desire or priority of mine. So, no need to console me on that LOL
Back to top Go down
Starbux

Starbux

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 am

heeeey just making sure!
Back to top Go down
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 am

thnaks, mase! Means a lot and I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
JAYREMIX
Ugh, BAWSE
JAYREMIX

Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:44 am

trish wrote:
Wtf jay where did your long post go do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* 2245882553

lol I didn't wanna escalate things :D

i'm just proud of yall for making this things happen, especially the cancer drive. I never seen any other club bring out huge events like this with such a short time being a club. Wink
Back to top Go down
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:01 am

"Y'all" should be "us"! Jay, you and Tin are still big parts of the club. Doesn't matter if yall have been busy. You still are supportive, give feedback, help coordinate/host, make suggestions, etc. Most importantly, you two are great friends/family members Smile ur post wouldn't have escalated anything seeing how theres nothing to attack. We love y'all!
Back to top Go down
JAYREMIX
Ugh, BAWSE
JAYREMIX

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:44 am

thanks trish! I know if you're not busy with school, you'll put your time and effort to this club otherwise we wouldn't have this forum we call "home" and that's why paul worked so hard to bring it up to this level because you're a part of it, where else would he get his motivation besides me? lol j/k

and mase is on point, no matter where we are or what we become we have to remember where we came from, not just talking about being a club but in life. Maintaining a strong foundation for this club is where its at; its where all clubs or family becomes stronger. Just remember who was there since the beginning and who's there til now, it's not because we have to..it's because we chose to be.
Back to top Go down
95sw21

95sw21

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 am

did i miss something? did someone say that you shouldnt be here?
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 am

thats what i call a HALF_ASS MOD!!!!!!! you should have been here for it wahahahahahah lmao

JKJK
Back to top Go down
JAYREMIX
Ugh, BAWSE
JAYREMIX

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 am

fire him lol
Back to top Go down
sleepy_1785
Ugh, BAWSE
sleepy_1785

Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 am

i didnt read nothing that was too much to read i cant read well, but i love you guys i love you trish ill get off that bucket list one day! hahaha

FAM-A-LEE HUG do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* 1801318911 do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* 1801318911 do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* 1801318911

do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* 284374_10150261871754712_3804393_n

JULY 23 2011 ARE FIRST MEET GET WITH OR GET LOST, LOOK HOW MUCH WE ACCOMPLIS IN LESS THEN A YEAR PROUD OF EVERYONE
Back to top Go down
JAYREMIX
Ugh, BAWSE
JAYREMIX

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 am

awww is that the viet place with yogart boba or something, was it bali ?
Back to top Go down
sleepy_1785
Ugh, BAWSE
sleepy_1785

Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 am

yes lolas and bale after we aint at vinh kee
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 am

JULY 23rd!!!!! wow ive been trying to figure out when that date was for a min now.

we have done a lot in under a year...and i want to keep things moving forward with good ppl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*   do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed* Empty

Back to top Go down

do i belong here? *serious post, skip if needed*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top