HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
***WE HAVE MOVED*** teamunclassified.com/forum ***WE HAVE MOVED***

Share | 

Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blegthbloo

blegthbloo

Rep : 9

Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:07 am

We can also offer a booth for GMU to advertise the school (possibly summer courses they offer, or even fall courses) for non GMU students, as well as advertise the resident car club for current and prospective GMU students... they can also set it up like a vendor booth and sell shirts and stuff labeled '[cancer drive name] sponsored by GMU' or whatever, and part of the profits from stuff with GMU's name could go to the school too
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 am

blegthbloo wrote:
We can also offer a booth for GMU to advertise the school (possibly summer courses they offer, or even fall courses) for non GMU students, as well as advertise the resident car club for current and prospective GMU students... they can also set it up like a vendor booth and sell shirts and stuff labeled '[cancer drive name] sponsored by GMU' or whatever, and part of the profits from stuff with GMU's name could go to the school too

we will be selling our name brand shirts as well as our cancer drive Tee's and lanyards....and we MIGHT have some snap-backs/fitted
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rolledbyp
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 am

loving the feedback guys!!!! pls keep them coming!!!!!

we need everyones help on this one
Back to top Go down
Mase!
Mase!

Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:42 am

im down to help! working on the letter!
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:57 am

thanks mase....so far i have chris, jojo, son, and mase on the list to help out. nice to see Chris stepping up from the non-members list Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 364988687
Back to top Go down
Mase!
Mase!

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Okay ladies and gentleman...here is what I came up with for a letter DRAFT!! Suggestions are welcome this is just something i put together as a starting point... dont laugh No

Unclassified
Email:
(Date)

(insert contact name)

(insert address of contact)

To Whom it May Concern:

Re: Waiving Vender Space Fee for Spring Cancer Drive

On behalf of Team Unclassified, we would like to extend our appreciation in your consideration of allowing us to utilize your facility for this event. Anticipating a successful outcome, we intend on making this an annual event.

With our organization being fairly new, we have collaborated with your campus’ car club for extra support for this event. Although, we are aware of the monetary sacrifice you would be making by waiving the costs for us to reserve this space, we would like to establish the benefits of your support with this event for your University and community.

By each coming year, the “car enthusiast” community continues to grow with our generation. This charity was solely created to bring together different car clubs, organizations, enthusiasts, and supporters as a way to give back for a cause that has affected many of our club and community members, alike. As you know, cancer is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. As of this year, according to the American Cancer Society, one in every four deaths in the United States is caused by some form of cancer. All funds from this event will be donated to a local cancer foundation and hospital. With your support, your name will be posted on every flier and advertisement for this event, reflecting your University in a positive outlook to those interested in this cause.

We hope that these points help you to better understand our cause and the benefits of this event for your University. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact any of our representatives. Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Best Regards,

Team Unclassified
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:33 pm

good job mase....but do you think its too short?? maybe i'll forward this to lydia and see what she thinks about it. im not talking down on your letter tho mase

thanks Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 364988687
Back to top Go down
Mase!
Mase!

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:09 pm

i dont care its just a draft lol my thing was that an admin of events has so many letters to go through...last thing you want to do is send them a long boring letter...short and to the point..trust me i read bs from court houses all day lol...all i wanna know is what is going to affect me haha
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:29 pm

true story...lol
Back to top Go down
blegthbloo

blegthbloo

Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:37 pm

The draft looks good, but I think maybe give them at least one more reason they'll benefit. I remember one of my AP English teachers emphasizing the "power of three"
Back to top Go down
WhosThisGuy

WhosThisGuy

Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:38 pm

The draft looks pretty good so far, I don't see it mentioned in there that the donations will include their name. I see their name will be on fliers and advertisements.

My mom pointed out the fact that a donation from GMU would be tax deductible. So the tax deduction they get from having their name on it may just cover the fee they would be waiving.

As for a name for the event, what about Cars vs Cancer
Back to top Go down
PAIXAO

PAIXAO

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:45 am

Count me in for this guys. I'll help out in any way I can and will engourage NGC participation.
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:35 pm

PAIXAO wrote:
Count me in for this guys. I'll help out in any way I can and will engourage NGC participation.

thanks ken!!!

and welcome to our lil forum Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 364988687
Back to top Go down
PAIXAO

PAIXAO

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:45 am

yea ken, thanks for the post man
Back to top Go down
JAYREMIX
Ugh, BAWSE
JAYREMIX

Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:51 am

oh hey ken!! thanks
and welcome to the forum lol
Back to top Go down
WhosThisGuy

WhosThisGuy

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Writing down another name before I forget it

Cure the Kids
Back to top Go down
trish
Ugh, BAWSE
trish

Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:32 pm

KENNNN!!!! THANK YOUUU Smile im so glad you're stoppin by the forum.

WhosThisGuy wrote:
The draft looks pretty good so far, I don't see it mentioned in there that the donations will include their name. I see their name will be on fliers and advertisements.

My mom pointed out the fact that a donation from GMU would be tax deductible. So the tax deduction they get from having their name on it may just cover the fee they would be waiving.

whoaaaaa, who IS this guy? lololol Smile awesome ideas and points. i think the tax deductible thing is a great fact to bring up. and you are like a naming machine!

i kinda like cars vs cancer or something along those lines..

maybe Cars to Cure? idk
Back to top Go down
http://vafoodhead.blogspot.com
WhosThisGuy

WhosThisGuy

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Just a guy that likes your group and REALLY likes to post on forums (thus the 52 now 53 posts in 12 days). The more names I throw out, the more people will pick one or get inspiration for a better one.
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:18 am

lol i like the way you think Chris. and i hope you stay as active as you do now. thats what UNclassified needs man. thank you for all your input bro
Back to top Go down
Mase!
Mase!

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:39 am

trish wrote:
KENNNN!!!! THANK YOUUU Smile im so glad you're stoppin by the forum.

WhosThisGuy wrote:

whoaaaaa, who IS this guy? lololol Smile awesome ideas and points. i think the tax deductible thing is a great fact to bring up. and you are like a naming machine!

i kinda like cars vs cancer or something along those lines..

maybe Cars to Cure? idk

awesome point!
Back to top Go down
Mase!
Mase!

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 am

PAIXAO wrote:

and KEN Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 364988687 Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 364988687 Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 364988687 Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 364988687
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:47 pm

im just happy to see some of ngc coming over to help out.

FYI...i will have a meeting with lydia soon
Back to top Go down
WhosThisGuy

WhosThisGuy

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:01 pm

Checking in to see if you guys had that meeting. Or if it's been set up, all in all bumping this.
Back to top Go down
p350gt
Ugh, BAWSE
p350gt

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:26 am

the meeting is set for THIS sat at ken's hotel in oxen hill md. come out if you would like to be apart of this, throw some ideas into the mix. i really need help with this one guys. we will talk about the letter for the parking lot fees.

time - 2pm
where -Clarion Hotel
6400 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill, MD, US, 20745
http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-oxon_hill-maryland-MD246?sid=xw7yZ.dwP5Og-xrg.17&sarea=&sname=oxon+hill&sstate=MD&scountry=US&sradius=&slat=38.8032&slon=-76.99226&schain=R&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=n&nadult=1&nchild=0&city_code=BWI&sstate_country=MDUS

we will be inside the meeting room at 2pm guys...

1. Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions   Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cancer Drive update: GMU restrictions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top